11/21/2005

NOW WE ARE THREE



What better way to celebrate this blog's third anniversary than with its first ever picture? Yes, we've entered the 21th Century at last. I took this snapsnot the last time I was in my hometown (July 2003). I believe it's the interior of a vintage Milwaukee Railroad lounge car. It was on display in front of the Milwaukee Art Museum as part of a fascinating exhibit on Brooks Stevens, a mid-20th Century industrial designer who was responsible for, among other things, the 1950s re-design of the beloved Oscar-Mayer Weinermobile (which was also on display in all of its gargantuan phallic glory).

Thanks to everyone (anyone?) reading this. I've thought about doing a little redesign myself, but I have to admit this particular template fits both this blog's title and mood perfectly. Here's to another year of silliness and occasional sublimity.