12/21/2004

HAPPY WINTER'S SOLSTICE

By the way, Ten Thousand Words is finally done. Don't expect a follow-up sub-blog counting down, oh, I don't know, my one hundred favorite films or books or breakfast cereals. Leave it to AFI and VH-1, I say. Everything I write for myself is going right here from now on.

Heading off to Iowa on Thursday, coming back to Boston on Monday. Don't think there will be any more posts until next week, unless I feel so moved to write about some of the films I've recently seen (the best of which is an uplifting feminist tale about female circumcision in a remote African village! Really!). I will attempt to get to The Year in Music before the end of it. The Year in Film (have to capitalize these things, y'know) will probably follow the first week in January. Have a peaceful, cozy holiday.