7/23/2004

CHANGE IN THE WEATHER

The rains are on their way.  It's the calm before the storm of raving mad Democrats taking over the city.  Well, maybe not raving mad... apart from the scores of students lining Harvard St., greeting everyone with a spirited, "Hello, how'd you like to get George W. Bush out of office this November?"  The d'oh! answer to this would be "voting", obviously, but they just want your $$$ for DNC.  And as much as I fervently want to say bye-bye to Bushie, I just can't support what is basically the lesser of two evils.

It's great to see people politically active.  How about politically radical?

Otherwise, a dull, hot, humid week.  I can no longer use my A/C 'cause the other night water draining from it was actually seeping into the wall below.  It's unsettling to see pockets of water actually bulging out of the wall without bursting (which, from a distance, I mistook for foam at first).

Saw Orson Welles' OTHELLO at the Brattle Monday night.  As with most Shakespeare, I had trouble following everything but the skeletal plot outlines, but this is a film far ahead of its time, all poetic discourse filtered through strange camera angles, backlit landscapes, and gloriously ornate sets.  Puts Kenneth Branagh to shame.

*****

I changed the URL for various reasons.  Not that I don't want people to know who I am, as nothing on this blog is private.  But, I think it makes sense.  Even though it's not copyrighted or anything, I guarantee you won't hear of Lymejello anywhere else.