1/29/2004

As long promised, I’ve started a new blog counting down (or up?) my one hundred all time favorite albums as of today. The title paraphrases a song by white girl rap trio Northern State called “A Thousand Words”. My goal is to write at least one hundred words about each of these records. Of course, the main problem with an all-time-best-of list is that it maddeningly fluctuates over time. It was excruciatingly hard reaching a cut-off point, deciding what would make the bottom of the list. And as I get closer to the top, I fear I’ll be making substitutions left and right, or looking back at, say, number 80 and thinking, “Man, that doesn’t belong on this list!”

Anyway, this is something I’ve always wanted to do, and maybe years from now I’ll be able to look back on my selections and their order and laugh at my 28/29-year-old self.