2/25/2003

10 THINGS I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT…

Why I enjoyed The Quiet American and why Michael Caine should win the Oscar for Best Actor.

“Scarlet’s Walk”, the superb new Tori Amos CD that (sorry, Kylie) I just can’t get out of my head as I continue to discover new things to love about it as I listen for the fortieth, fiftieth time…

How lost I would feel if I couldn’t listen to music at work.

The surprise of unexpectedly receiving a phone call from my best friend last night; I haven’t spoken to her on the phone in nearly two years.

How I’ve lived a bearable, peachy-keen life while studiously avoiding The Osbournes, American Idol, Joe Millionaire and the rest of wretched “reality” TV.

Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato-Avocado Sandwiches, and how they’re much better for you (and becoming slightly more addictive) than Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

How I can’t wait to make my very own mix CDs and write about them.

“Rain falls/Like Elvis tears/Oh, no/No sugar tonight/Out on the high street/Dim all the lights now/Bright-coloured tears…”

Not being able to imagine having a child, or owning a house, or even living with my current housemates beyond May.

Daydreaming, and how it gets you everywhere.